Civilization is a small graphic design studio based in Seattle, WA, with team members and clients around the world. Our work ranges from brand and identity systems, printed materials (brochures, books, packaging), web and digital campaigns and websites, to curating and creating public artworks and exhibitions.
Our clients and partners share our commitment to creating positive change. This includes arts, culture, and design education, criminal justice reform, reproductive justice, climate action, and DEI learning among others. We have had the privilege of working with: Shout Your Abortion, Smithsonian Institute, JustLeadershipUSA, Recompose, Olson Kundig, The Nature Conservancy, and The Newark Museum of Art. Outside of our client projects we produce a number of self-initiated projects to break down the barriers to access in design, including the Design Lecture Series and our gallery Non-Breaking Space.
We are actively committed to being an anti-racist, equitable, diverse, inclusive, and empathetic organization, anyone we add to the team should share these values. Civilization is seeking a Project Manager to work closely with our clients and team to keep things organized so that we can all do our best work.
- Organize communication with clients and design team related to project meetings, status, and budget updates, follow-up on client homework/tasks, hand-off deliverables
- Act as primary point of contact between the design team and clients
- Participate in presentations and reviews and take careful notes of all client feedback
- Capture business requirements from clients and build into a work plan with the design team
- Schedule and participate in meetings with clients and design team on deliverables and feedback communicating
- Manage and organize internal client files and project deliverables using Google Suite, Asana, Harvest, and internal client dashboard
- Track team’s resources and time, provide regular updates to the client on project status and budget
- Work with returning clients to coordinate site updates, changes, or maintenance. Work with the team to identify further opportunities with existing clients
- Work closely with the team to manage team workload and schedule for current and future projects
- Minimum 2+ years of project management experience for budgets and resources for complex end-to-end web design and development projects.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and juggle shifting priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to schedule, manage, and work with international time zones (clients and team are spread nationally and internationally)
- Excellent communication skills with internal teams and with clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Internally we use these softwares: Harvest, Forecast, Asana, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite – prior experience is a plus.
Working Conditions & Benefits
- 100% remote position possible. The team is currently all working remotely due to COVID-19 but there is an option to return to the Seattle studio when it is safe to do so
- Generous vacation time, PTO, Sick Leave, Family Leave and general flexibility when needed, work/life balance is highly valued
- Insurance Package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k
- The work we do is highly rewarding, we get to work with genuinely interesting people working towards a better and more beautiful world – which we all think is a major perk!
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and your resume/CV to email@example.com. Please have “Project Manager Application – your name” as the email subject.